Your Blog's Link
About My Organic Gardening Blog
The Country Living Blog is for those who want self-sufficient living and who want to take back control of your life by growing their own food without chemical pesticides, insecticides and fertilizers.
We're a practical, homesteading today site. We use organic farming methods based on back-to-basics principles and simple living, doing things the old-fashioned way and working towards self-reliance and backyard self-sufficiency. It's a site for those of you who either live on an American family homestead, an Australian homestead, practice urban homesteading in the suburbs or just enjoy country living!
Why I Started Blogging
Because I was concerned about the food that we are forced to eat these days that comes with a cocktail of chemicals. I wanted to pass on my passion and knowledge about self-sufficient living and try and show people that you can practice various levels of self-sufficiency without acres of land. Basically, you can do this from your own backyard!
- Urban Homesteading: Victory Gardens for Growing Vegetables and Small Livestock
- Heirloom Seeds: How to Save Seeds and Safe Storage
- Natural Pesticides: Homemade Pesticides & Insecticides for Natural & Organic Pest Control
- Vinegar Uses and Vinegar Tips: Gardening with Vinegar
- Small Scale Farming on Micro Farms and Sustainable Farming: Everything you need to Know to be Self-sufficient
- What is Peak Oil? The Facts,the Importance of Self-Sufficient Living, and Food Security