All About Composting
Learn about what to compost, how to determine which materials are "greens" and which are "browns," and learn how to make a simple, no-fuss compost pile or bin.
- "Greens" and "Browns" in Composting
- Making and Using Leaf Mold
- Storing Kitchen Scraps for Composting
- Make A Simple Wire Compost Bin
- Why You Should Compost in Trenches
So you say you don't have room for a compost bin? You'd be surprised what you can do with just a little bit of space and some creative thinking!
Composting your food scraps in a worm bin is one of the easiest ways to reduce the amount of waste you add to the landfill. As a bonus, vermicompost is one of the best things you can add to your garden!
- How to Set Up a Worm Bin
- Vermicompost, Vermicastings -- What's the Difference?
- Worm Bin Problems: Fruit Flies
- Worm Bin Problems: Wet Worm Bin
- Worm Bin Problems: Worms Trying To Escape