I've been battling bindweed since we moved to this house. It is particularly bad behind the garage, where it seems things were allowed to get a bit out of control before we moved here. I pull and dig it up every year, several times per summer. Just when I think I've got the last of it, it rears its ugly (well, pretty. Bindweed flowers are pretty, unfortunately) head yet again. While I've been vigilant about digging it out and cutting it down when I see it, the bigger problem seems to be all of the years it was allowed to go to seed. Every time I cultivate the soil behind the garage, I'm almost guaranteed to be rewarded (ugh) with a few new bindweed plants.
So, it's a constant battle, but not all that difficult to keep up with. It's kind of on my regular garden task list: water, deadhead, chop down bindweed. I missed the vine pictured above because it is very sneakily growing in a clump of shasta daisies at the corner of my garage. This photo was taken just before the vine met its demise.